Can you apply games played with your family in the classroom?
The Would You Rather Icebreaker didn’t come from a book of training activities. In long car rides, my family has discovered that playing a game called “Would you rather…?” is a fun way to pass the time. Sometimes, a game played in the car with your family can be used in the training room. Thus, the Would You Rather Icebreaker!
In “Would you rather…?” you’re given a choice between two options. For example: would you rather have four eyes or four ears? It’s not both/and. You can’t say “neither.” You must choose one, and then explain why you chose it.
This game makes a fun icebreaker/energizing activity in the training room.
10 Would You Rather Icebreaker Questions
Next time you’re looking to get some conversation going in your training room, try one of these would your rather icebreaker questions:
- Would you rather reach into your training supplies to find that all of your markers are dry OR reach into your briefcase and find that you forgot to bring you handouts?
- Would you rather lose your voice on the morning of your presentation OR walk into the presentation room and be informed that the projector bulb blew and it cannot be replaced?
- Would you rather present in a room where the temperature is stuck at 85 degrees OR 58 degrees?
- Would you rather show up to a ballroom (or large meeting room) to find that only 3 really enthusiastic people decided to come to your training session OR show up to the meeting room to find wall-to-wall attendees who refuse to say a word during your presentation?
- Would you rather get the hiccups in the middle of the most important presentation of your career OR pass gas (loudly) at the beginning of every staff meeting you attend?
- Would you rather give the same presentation to a different audience twice a day for the next month OR give a different presentation to the same audience every day for the next year?
- Would you rather use jazz hands throughout the entirety of your next presentation OR deliver your next presentation using dirty limericks?
- Would you rather co-facilitate with the Janice character from Friends OR give constructive criticism to Tony Soprano on how to be more inclusive in his decision-making processes?
- Would you rather kick off your next presentation after getting the worst haircut of your life OR spill coffee all over your shirt 2 minutes before your presentation is set to begin?
- Would you rather speak like Donald Duck OR giggle uncontrollably every time you say the word “but”?
What is your Would You Rather Icebreaker Question?
Do you have a great Would you Rather Icebreaker question that would make for a fun icebreaker/energizer? Have you ever used the Would you Rather Icebreaker? How did it go?